Bayfront Health – St Petersburg
Serving the Tampa Bay community since 1906, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary, academic medical center located in St. Petersburg. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is affiliated with USF Morsani College of Medicine.
The strength of Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is in the depth and breadth of the physicians and specialists available, as well as in the expertise and resources available to our patients. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is the regional flagship hospital for a network of hospitals along Florida’s Gulf Coast. They include Brooksville, Dade City, Springhill, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda and Venice. Bayfront is the transfer center for these hospitals should an accident and/or illness arise where a higher level of expertise and care are required. Many of the transfers to Bayfront Health- St. Petersburg are managed by the Aero-Medical Transport, Bayflite.
Bayfront is certified as a Level II Trauma Center, Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with PCI, and Level IV epilepsy center. In addition, the hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and has recieved their Gold Seal of Approval® for advanced certification in heart failure, advanced primary stroke center and total hip and knee replacement program.
- Level II Trauma Center
- 480 Bed, Private, For Profit, Teaching Hospital
- Bayflite Aero-Medical Transport covering 15 Counties
- Baby Place – Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center (RPICC)
- Cardiac Services (cardiothoracic and vascular surgery)
- Specialized Critical Care Units
- Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Failure Certification
- Diagnostic Imaging & Interventional Radiology, Neuro Interventional
- Comprehensive Stroke Accredited
- Joint Commission Certified in Hip/Knee Replacement
- Level IV Epilepsy Center
- Multi-Specialty Physician Group
- Rehabilitation Services