Bayfront Health – St Petersburg
Serving the Tampa Bay community since 1906, Bayfront Health – St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary, academic medical center located in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The strength of Bayfront Health – St. Petersburg is in the depth and breadth of the physicians and specialists available, and in the expertise and resources available to our patients. Bayfront Health – St. Petersburg is the regional flagship hospital for a network of hospitals along Florida’s Gulf Coast. They include Brooksville, Springhill, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda and Venice. Bayfront is the transfer center for these hospitals should an accident and/or illness arise where a higher level of expertise and care are required. Many of the transfers to Bayfront Health – St. Petersburg are managed by the Aero-Medical Transport, Bayflite.
Bayfront is certified as a Level II Trauma Center, Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with PCI, and Level IV epilepsy center. In addition, the hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and has recieved their Gold Seal of Approval® for advanced certification in heart failure, advanced primary stroke center and total hip and knee replacement program.
- Level II Trauma Center
- 480 Bed, Private, For Profit, Teaching Hospital
- Bayflite Aero-Medical Transport covering 15 Counties
- Baby Place – Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center (RPICC)
- Cardiac Services (cardiothoracic and vascular surgery)
- Specialized Critical Care Units
- Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Failure Certification
- Diagnostic Imaging & Interventional Radiology, Neuro Interventional
- Comprehensive Stroke Accredited
- Joint Commission Certified in Hip/Knee Replacement
- Level IV Epilepsy Center
- Multi-Specialty Physician Group
- Rehabilitation Services
- 8 Bed Free Standing Emergency Department
ED at Bayfront Health, St. Petersburg
The Emergency Department at Bayfront Health – St. Petersburg is one of the largest providers of emergency care in Pinellas County caring for over 48,000 patients annually. The Hospital’s Bayflite Aero-Medical Transport brings life-saving trauma care to patients across the entire west central Florida region.
We are a Level II Trauma Center and Pediatric Trauma Referral Center. Our goal is to provide rapid, high quality, compassionate healthcare to each patient. We understand that needing care in an emergency can be very stressful so we strive to quickly and efficiently diagnose and treat each patient while listening to their concerns, as well as explaining their diagnosis and treatment.
- Main ED
- 4 Private Trauma Bays
- 43 Private Rooms
- 5 Critical Care Beds
- Dedicated Fast Track Area
- 48 hours/day Physician Coverage
- 36 hours/day PA/APRN coverage
- Access to Bayfront’s Specialists and Specialized Units
Free Standing ED
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg has opened the first freestanding emergency department in Pinellas Park. Emergency Physicians of Pinellas, PA, our sister company is set to serve patients who experience medical emergencies.
- 8 Private Bed Freestanding Emergency Department
- On-site lab services
- 24 hours/day Physician Coverage